Strawberry Balsamic Pepper Iced Tea
- 1 cup strawberries - fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- glug of Balsamic Vinegar, approx 2 tablespoons
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 8 cups water
- 4 black tea bags
- Add strawberries, water, and maple syrup to a small pot. Bring to a simmer. Add balsamic vinegar and cracked pepper if using.
- Simmer strawberry mixture until strawberries are release their juices and the mixture thickens slightly - remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, add 8 cups of water to another pot and heat until nearly simmering. Remove from heat and add tea bags - steep for 5-6 minutes.
- While the tea is steeping, strain the strawberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve, reserving the liquid.
- Combine the steeped tea and the strawberry syrup.
- Pour into a large container and cool in fridge until cold!