Swiss Chard Tahini Dip
About 1 ½ lbs green-stemmed Swish chard
⅔ cup Vinesation Olive Oil: use a mixture of the following Olive Oils at about a 3:2:1 ratio
Vinesation Garlic Olive Oil
Vinesation Lemon Olive Oil
Vinesation Harissa Olive Oil
5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ cup tahini
⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
Kosher salt to taste
Toasted pita bread, cucumbers or other food for dipping
- Remove ribs and stems from Swiss chard. Finely chop and set aside. Tear leaves into small pieces. Keep separate from ribs and stems.
- Heat ⅓ cup oil in a large pot over medium-low. Cook ribs and stems. Stir often until tender, 5-7 minutes. Add a splash of water if they start to brown.
- Add garlic, cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 min. Add chard leaves a little at a time. Let them wilt before adding next handful.
- Let cool. Squeeze excess liquid from mixture into measuring glass.
- Place Swiss chard and 1 tbsp of cooking liquid in a food processor. Add tahini, lemon juice and ⅓ cup oil. Season with salt and process. Add more cooking liquid, if need, until dip is creamy, about 5 min.
- Transfer to serving bowl and drizzle with Harissa Olive Oil.
Dip can be made a few days ahead. Flavor melds and enhances if it has time to sit. Cover and keep in fridge.
Feel free to experiment with other Olive Oil flavors.