Carrot Applesauce Soup
10 carrots, peeled if from store (approx. 2.5 lbs)
2 tbsps Vinesation Blood Orange Olive Oil
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp paprika
4c vegetable or chicken broth
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 inches of fresh ginger minced
1/4c Vinesation Pumpkin Spice Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place whole carrots on cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Roast carrots for 35-45 minutes, turn once, until charred and soft.
- Cool slightly and cut into smaller pieces.
- Puree roasted carrots, applesauce, broth and ginger in blender until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika and nutmeg. Blend until well combined.
- Transfer to large pot and heat until soup is warmed.
- Add pumpkin Spice Balsamic Vinegar and stir to combine.
Can be made and served the same day, but if made the previous day, the flavors will meld and intensify for a deeper, richer flavor profile.