Basic Balsamic Vinaigrette
BASIC BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
What you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup Vinesation Extra Virgin Olive Oil (fused or infused)
- 1/4cup Vinesation Balsamic
- Kosher salt and ground white pepper (or ground black pepper), to taste
How to make it:
- Place all the ingredients in a glass jar, tighten the lid and shake vigorously for about 10 seconds or until fully combined.
- Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature to let the flavors meld. Give the dressing a good whisk immediately before serving.
- A teaspoon of honey or mustard will not only add flavor, it will also help stabilize the emulsion, so the dressing won't separate as quickly. A squeeze of citrus, like lemon, lime orange (try blood orange sometime) is also a nice addition. Just be sure to taste and adjust as you go. A good way to taste is by dipping a piece of lettuce, rather than tasting the dressing on its own.
- You can also add freshly ground or chopped herbs as well. Basil is a favorite
- Finely chopped shallots or garlic are a great addition as well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use (about a week)
No products found...