Lemon Rosemary Olive Oil Cake
2 cups sugar
½ cup Vinesation Rosemary Infused Olive Oil
½ cup Vinesation Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 ¼ cups whole milk
Juice of ½ lemon
2 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan (or 8 individual springform pans)
- Combine the sugar and eggs in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment and mix to combine. With the mixer on low speed, slowly drizzle in the olive oil, making sure the oil is well incorporated and emulsified. About 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a second bowl or a measuring cup, combine the milk, lemon juice and zest. Stir
- Add the flour to the stand mixer in three additions, alternating with the milk mixture (2 additions). Begin and end with the flour, and be sure to whisk well after each addition. The batter will be slightly runny. Pour the batter into the prepared greased and floured springform pan.
- Bake until the cake is a deep golden brown and bounces back when lightly pressed, about 45-55 minutes for 9 inch pan or 20-25 minutes for individual pans.
- Cool to room temperature on a rack, then remove the cake from the pan
3 cups icing sugar, plus as needed
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup Vinesation Sicilian Lemon Balsamic
1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together the icing sugar, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest and rosemary until a glaze consistency similar to heavy cream is achieved.
- Adjust the consistency with more lemon juice , vinegar, water or powdered sugar as needed.