5 slices bacon, diced
3 tbsp Vinesation Olive Wood Smoked Olive Oil
1c diced white for yellow onion
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2c chicken or veggie stock
1.5 pounds potatoes, diced
1c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2c plain Greek yoghurt, plain yoghurt or sour cream
1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 - 1/2 tsp Paprika
1/4 - 1/2 tsp Rosemary
1/4 - 1/2 tsp Thyme
Optional Toppings: chives, cheese, bacon, sour cream, fresh thyme, green onion, etc.
- Fry bacon and set aside.
- Sauté onion in Vinesation Olive Wood Smoked Olive Oil for about 5 min, until soft.
- Add garlic and continuing to sauté for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add stock, milk & potatoes. Stir to combine. Cook until mixture just reaches a simmer (don’t boil). Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are soft. Stir regularly to prevent burning on bottom.
- Stir in cheese, yoghurt or sour cream and bacon and heat through.
- Season with salt, pepper and herbs.
Serve warm with optional toppings. Can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- VEGETARIAN: omit bacon, add 2-3 tsp cajun seasoning
- LIGHT: use skim milk; use turkey bacon in place regular bacon.
- Mountain View Herb Company Cajun seasoning
- Mountain View Herb Company Italian seasoning
- Mountain View Herb Company Taco seasoning
- Broccoli, Cauliflower
- Can use any type of potato or combo of types of potatoes
- For a more sweet and savoury blend, use a mix of Yukon Gold potatoes and sweet potatoes