- 6 c. old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 c. cashews or almonds, pecans, walnuts, or macadamia nuts
- 1 c. unsweetened large flake coconut
- 1 c. dried fruit (such as cherries, blueberries, dates, raisins, cranberries, etc)
- 1/2 c Vinesation Blood Orange, Lemon, or Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 325 F.
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix together the first four dried ingredients and spread out in to an even layer over the lined baking sheet.
In a medium pot set over low heat, or in your microwave gently warm the honey so that it becomes more fluid. Whisk the olive oil in to the warm honey along with the vanilla. It won't emulsify, but that's alright.
Evenly drizzle the honey-olive oil mixture over the oats on the baking sheet. Toss everything gently to coat as much of the oats with honey and olive oil as possible. Redistribute in to an even layer and pop in to the oven on the middle rack.
Every 10 minutes for about 1/2 hour, check and stir the granola; the honey and olive oil with continue to coat the remainder of the granola as you do this. When the granola is fragrant and golden brown, remove it from the oven and stir it one last time to ensure even distribution of olive oil and honey.
Allow it to cool and store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Makes approximately 9 cups (9 servings of granola)